Friday, August 6, 2010

Wow. Haven't been here in a while.

Hello, blog. How are you? A little dusty? Rusty? I'm sorry. Here, let me just...

My second draft is nearing complete. My MS has a beginning, middle, and an end, and I'm kind of proud of the fact. :)

Now comes the nit-picking.

I've already gone through it over and over to get the scenes just right, the prose where I want it, the pacing correct, the voice just so. But now, now I must delete all those things that just really just get in the way. Really? Just.

I have a problem with some words. I use them way too much. And now it is time for them to go away.

Wordle helped me find "just" and "really." I spotted a few more on my own - things like:

"I started to" or "I began to" - This is a common one. My protag is always starting things instead of actually doing them. Nixing that ish.

"Took a moment to" - He's always taking moments, too. Nike was right. Just do it already.

So that's a few of my issues. Anyone else have anything to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment